Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Assignment # 1

Animas Corporation



       The brand that I chose to write about it is Animas Corporation.  Animas Corporation is a company that deals with diabetes by selling cutting edge product such as an insulin pump. An insulin pump is a device that administrates insulin into the body through an injection site connected from the pump to the body with plastic tubing. The plastic tubing is connected to the body by a needle inserted into the body and the needle is removed and a plastic tube is left in the body. Pumps are also described as an external pancreas. While an insulin pump eases life for the diabetic, it is not a cure. However, the pump eliminates multiple needle injections daily but still have to check blood sugar.

      This company can be described as a helping hand to the treatment for diabetes. The personality of this company is seen as helpful and caring because it tries to ease the pain of treatments for diabetes. Animas’ goal is “finding ways to make diabetes exceedingly manageable in every way”.  What makes Animas unique is the type of product it sells. While the insulin pump market is a competitive market, I feel there are two main companies, Animas and Medtronic. I have used both types of pumps and what makes Animas unique is the helpfulness of their support system. If I ever had a problem, I would call them and they could answer my questions easily, showing their helpfulness. Also, I went out of the country and they set me a backup pump in case of an accident, showing how they are one step ahead and ready to lend a helping hand.
           The first reason I am like Animas because I am a diabetic. I have had diabetes since I was four years old and prior to using a pump, I had to take daily injections using multiple needles each day.  I am similar to Animas because I use their kind of pump. My pump is part of my everyday life, which makes me similar to Animas because I represent what they stand for, easing the pain of a diabetic. Another reason I am similar to Animas is because I am like to be a helping hand to other diabetics.  I attend Children with Diabetes Conferences each year and this is how I became aware of Animas Corporation. For the last couple of years I have been a part of the faculty at these conferences, which has given me the opportunity to help children who have diabetes feel comfortable with this disease and their families. By doing this, I feel like I am lending my helping hand to those who have diabetes, just like Animas. The last reason why I am like Animas is because like Animas I use the newest technology to help treat diabetes. Animas as a pump company, tries to find the newest technology and constantly upgrade their pumps for diabetics so they have less pain and do not have to rely on daily needle injections for their insulin.

Work Sited:
Animas' Goal

No comments:

Post a Comment